Renting out your property trough Oude Delft Real Estate Agency?
How ‘rentable’ is your home?
Thanks to years of experience, Oude Delft real estate agents have extensive knowledge in how a home must be presented in order to be (easily) rentable. For example, it may be advisable to make adjustments to the property, this could be anything from large or small renovations to readjusting the layout of the rooms or simply giving it a fresh coat of paint. It may also be advisable to divide the property into smaller apartments, two (or more) small apartments usually yield more income than one large one.
Oude Delft real estate agency has contacts with reliable contractors and maintenance companies, which means that any necessary adjustments that need to be made to a property can be carried out promptly, ensuring that a property is unoccupied for a minimal period of time.
Neem voor het aanbieden van uw woning contact op met onze collega’s.
Determining the (value) rental cost of a property.
Oude Delft real estate agents have been operating in Delft, The Hague, Rotterdam and their neighboring municipalities for over 14 years. Our extensive experience gives us the confidence and knowledge to be able to determine the appropriate rent for your apartment/house. The amount of the rent also determines the commission that we charge for our services.
Oude Delft real estate agents have access to a large database of potential tenants, which gives us the ability to quickly find the right candidate for your home. We work together with a number of renowned international companies who are constantly looking for homes for their (often expatriate) employees. In order to attract the attention of tenants for your home(s), we undertake the following:
- We photograph the property
- We promote the property on our website and other popular rental portals (Funda, Pararius, etc.)
- We provide a “For Rent” sign.
Screening the tenant.
Oude Delft real estate agents have experience with many types of tenants. We know when a tenant is unsuitable for a landlord or a property. For example, if a tenant does not plan on staying in the property for the period of the agreed contract or is planning on subletting the property. These are things we look out for at Oude Delft real estate agents. In addition to carefully screening the tenants intentions, we also screen tenants “creditworthiness”, we want to be sure that the candidate can commit financially throughout the duration of the contracted period. We often rent properties to expats, who prove to be excellent tenants.
Expats are employees from abroad, hired by a Dutch company or deployed by a company abroad to work in The Netherlands. They work for an average of 2 to 4 years in The Netherlands, before relocating to another country. Due to their (often) high income and tax reductions, they are reliable tenants who are happy to rent properties in the higher price segment. Due to the temporary nature of their employment contracts, expats often request furnished properties. Leasing to expats is therefore an ideal solution if, for example, you are temporarily travelling or living abroad.
As soon as the suitable candidates are shortlisted, they are invited to view the property. We often find that this is the deciding factor for many candidates, seeing the property in real life determines whether the candidate actually wants to live here. This personal, one to one contact with the client also provides us with a final check to see whether they are a suitable candidate for you and your property.
We offer various ‘packages’ for the management of the contractual and financial arrangements of the rental. You can choose from the following options:
- Letting without management: We find suitable tenants for your property, we prepare the contracts, arrange the check-in and check-out. The landlord ‘manages’ the property, receives the rent and takes care of all technical aspects such as maintenance and repairs.
- Financial management: We find suitable tenants for your property, we prepare the contracts, arrange the check-in and check-out, we are the contact person and we collect the rent. The landlord takes care of all technical aspects such as maintenance and repairs.
- Technical management: We find suitable tenants for your property, we prepare the contracts, arrange the check-in and check-out, we are the contact person, we collect the rent and take care of all technical aspects such as maintenance and repairs.